Monday, May 23, 2011

Let's Talk Food - #1


I don't want anyone to be fooled into thinking that this blog is an excuse for me to rave solely about sports- no matter how proficient I am when the Red Sox are the topic of conversation. So to change pace a tad, I'd like to draw attention to one of the best eating establishments in my hometown, The Eastside Grill on Strong Avenue. Eastside has been around since 1985 and boasts an extensive menu of seasonal American cuisine and a casual dining atmosphere. The bar is small but the bartenders are knowledgeable and friendly. (My Father's favorite is Jake - he knows how to make G&T's just like the old man likes.)

As for appetizers my personal recommendations are the crab cakes (paired with a house salad could serve as an entrée), and the warm and creamy spinach artichoke dip with crispy sweet potato chips.

As for entrées the eight ounce Eastside Top Sirloin is a go-to, amongst a collection of possible steak options, served with a choice of potatoes and gorgonzola butter. The restaurant also offers a blackened fish of the day and a entrée special which vary frequently. The blackened salad with a gorgonzola vinegrette is leafy and chock full of red onions and is served with a choice of spicy tuna, steak, shrimp, scallops, salmon or chicken.

When the time comes for desert the creamy lemon cheesecake with a raspberry coulis is untouchable.

The Eastside Grill boasts an extensive martini menu as well as beer menu bubbling with both local and seasonal drafts and your standard imports. The wine list is impeccable as well.

The service is friendly, prompt and helpful. My father is the type who knows everyone in town and he'll vouch for all of the employees as he is on a first-name basis with everyone lucky enough to work at the restaurant.

Eastside is easily one of my favorite restaurants and earns a gold star from me personally. I reccomend it to all  who visit the Pioneer Valley as it is both comfortable, reasonable and most importantly delicious.

I ate at Eastside tonight (yes, that is what prompted this post) and left as satisfied as possible. I leave the western part of the baystate tomorrow for Martha's Vineyard so restaurant posts are sure to become more frequent. I hope everyone likes seafood and Harpoon IPA! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment