Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Summer Solstice

Greetings, I hope that I find all of you enjoying your summer with a good book, barbecues a-plenty, and a healthy sunburn-tinted tan. This post is obviously overdue, but late is better than never, I suppose. I write this morning, from my kitchen overlooking Edgartown Harbor, and North Neck of Chappaquiddick. It's overcast today but yesterday was a beauty: high in the 90's, slight northwest breeze, no clouds. While I have been busy on Martha's Vineyard since before Memorial Day, the summer only officially began yesterday, on the day of the year when the earth's axis is most inclined towards the sun, and thus the debauchery and excitement that the summer promises still has ample opportunity to manifest.

The breadth of this post is clearly vague and meant only to serve as a reminder that I am still alive and happily rambling about my native region in the north. I make no guarantees, but the interval at which I post should soon become more frequent as I continue to settle into my summer routine. I hope everyone is enjoying the sun although you can rest assured that your tan will never be as perfect as mine. Happy summer, New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment